Cannon and Hot Chocolate
- Emily Zhang (A coB), Matthias Heyne (A coB), Matt Melissa (C)
- Trip level
- Trip date
- Saturday, January 12th, 2019
- Difficulty rating
- Moderate / Difficult
- Previous hiking experience, stoke
Join us for a day up Cannon and tick off one of your 4k footers! Cannon is classic and popular 4k footer with beautiful views.
We'll aim to summit Cannon via Kinsman Ridge Trail and Rim Trail over 4.4 miles with 2,250 ft of elevation gain. At the top, we'll swing by the ski resort for some hot chocolate.
Note that this hike up Cannon is shorter and therefore steeper than the other Saturday Cannon trip.
p.s. This site ranks Cannon as one of the best 4k footers to hike in the winter AND is beginner friendly http://www.newenglandwaterfalls.com/4000footersinwinter.php
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Jan. 9, 2019, noon
- Signups closed at
- Jan. 10, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
- Favorite hike you've recently done (3-season or winter)
- What's your hiking experience?
- Any dietary restrictions?