Piercing Questions on Mt. Pierce
- Meagan Neal (C), Stephanie Plant (C coS)
- Trip level
- Trip date
- Saturday, January 12th, 2019
- Difficulty rating
You thought you were done with overly personal questions now that you're back from your family for the holidays? NOPE! Join Meagan, Steph and some of their most imaginative ice breakers on this icy cold Saturday for a hike up the Crawford Path Trail to the summit of Mt. Pierce (4,310 feet / 1,314 meters). Mt. Pierce has epic views of the Presidentials above Crawford Notch.
This is a good trip for those who are fit and comfortable with 3-season hiking, and either new to winter hiking or want more basic winter hiking experience.
We will practice the wonderful Winter School basics: layering and delayering, efficient breaks, footing and traction, and the Happiness Triangle: Eat-Drink-Pee! We'll experience the wonderful MITOC culture of communication and planning, supporting each other, and hiking as a team.
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Jan. 9, 2019, noon
- Signups closed at
- Jan. 10, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
- If you could travel to the trailhead on any creature (real, mythical, or imaginary), what would it be?
- Would you rather have the super power of invisibility or flight?
- What's your favorite ice breaker question?
- When was the last time you hiked ~6 miles? Have you hiked in the winter before?