Mt. Willey! and maybe Mt. Field
- Kurt Herzog (coB), Mason Glidden (B coC)
- Trip level
- Trip date
- Saturday, January 12th, 2019
- Difficulty rating
- Experience on longer 3-season hikes (6+ hours)
Ring in the new year with a hike up Mt. Willey (4,285 feet) in the Whites! It will be a moderate 4.8 mile out-and-back hike with 2,828 of elevation gain. Expect cold weather, about 6" of fresh snow, and hopefully beautiful views. If things are going very (very) well, we might (might) continue on to Mt. Field, which would add another 2.5 miles to the trip for 7.3 miles total.
We will meet Saturday morning at 8am (probably the Highland Center, but stay tuned for exact location), check everyone's gear, and head to the Mt. Willey trailhead head together.
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Jan. 9, 2019, noon
- Signups closed at
- Jan. 10, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
- Do you have any dietary restrictions?
- Do you have any winter hiking experience?
- What is your three-season hiking experience?