XC ski at Waterville Valley
- Avilash Cramer (CIS), Suzy McKinney (coB)
- Trip level
- Trip date
- Sunday, January 13th, 2019
- Difficulty rating
Tired of uncomfortable boots? The drudgery and toil of walking getting you down? Learn to XC ski!
No experience needed! This is a beginner-friendly trip.
We'll be using the MITOC cross country skis (classic style nordic skis with NNN bindings) at the Waterville valley XC ski resort. We can do laps around the lodge or cast off and explore the miles and miles of groomed track around the valley.
Cross country skiing involves travelling on flatter terrain with some moderate uphill and downhill sections, as opposed to downhill skiing at a resort. It is more of a workout than downhill skiing, because there are no lifts! Some moderate cardiovascular fitness is required, but there are trails of all levels so you don’t need to be super fit, just enthusiastic :-D
Costs: $21 ($19 with student ID) for a trail pass $11 for gear rental (from MITOC) $5 WS trip fee + driver compensation (optional) snack/coffee money at lodge
* please email us if the cost would be prohibitive- money should not be a barrier to participate in MITOC!*
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Jan. 9, 2019, noon
- Signups closed at
- Jan. 10, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
- Have you XC skied before?
- If you renting skis from MITOC- how tall are you, and what is your shoe size?