Tuckerbrook Trail Ski Trip
- Lulu Russell (coB coS), Odin Achorn (B coC S), Tyler Toth (B coC coS)
- Trip level
- Trip date
- Saturday, January 12th, 2019
- Difficulty rating
- strong downhill skier, in good physical shape
We're going on an adventure up the Tuckerbrook trail! The Tuckerbrook ski trail runs 3.6 miles up the back side of Cannon Mountain to the summit with about 2,820 feet of vertical gain. The trail is full of fun twists and turns, including the infamous 13 Turns, a set of 13 rapid switchbacks near the top of the trail. With the snowstorm tomorrow, hopefully there will be some fresh turns waiting for us! Be aware that the temperatures on Saturday are going to be quite chilly: between 3-9 degrees Fahrenheit with subzero windchill.
Backcountry Ski Risk Warning
FYI: For those that are new to backcountry skiing & snowboarding you may not realize the following: *You will not get to “warm up on an easier run.” When we start skiing it will be full difficulty. *Conditions are unknown and objective hazards (hidden & exposed rocks, bushes, creeks, narrow trails) will exist. *Skinning up is equal in difficulty to a strenuous hike (i.e. an uphill climb) with the added weight of skis on your feet.
Here's some info on the trail and the weather for Saturday:
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Jan. 9, 2019, noon
- Signups closed at
- Jan. 10, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
- Do you have a backcountry setup or do you need to rent from MITOC?
- How many years have you been skiing or snowboarding?
- How often have you skied/snowboarded in the last 3 years: (a) less than 5 times; (b) less than 5 times a season; (c) less than 10 times a season; (d) more than 10 times a season?
- How comfortable are you on (Not at all, Somewhat, Very): (a) blues; (b) black diamonds; (c) double blacks?
- What is your STOKE level???