Welch-Dickey: best ratio of views to effort
- Kyle Pearson (B coC S), Rui Lopes (B coC)
- Trip level
- Trip date
- Sunday, January 13th, 2019
- Difficulty rating
- 3 season hiker
We'll be hiking the Welch-Dickey loop trail to the 2734' summit of Dickey Mtn. Along the way we will practice WS basics: triangle of happiness, layering. AND delayering! Also, we will practice using crampons, ice axes, and if conditions are suitable self arrest. And did I mention the views!
The hike is 4.4-4.8 miles (extra quarter mile to viewpoint from summit) and 1600' vertical ascent.
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Jan. 9, 2019, noon
- Signups closed at
- Jan. 10, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
- What's your experience level?
- What was your last hike?
- Have you used traction before? What kind(s)?
- What are you most excited about?