Mt. Jackson (with dog!)
- Connor Williams (coB), Nicholas Alunni (C)
- Trip level
- Trip date
- Sunday, January 13th, 2019
- Difficulty rating
- Moderate 3-Season Hiking Experience or Basic Winter Hiking Experience
We'll be heading up into the Presidential Range of the White Mountains!! Mt. Jackson (4052') is the shortest and southernmost four thousand footer on the Presidential ridge. We will be starting at the the AMC Highland Center and taking the Webster-Jackson Trail + Jackson Branch. With a total elevation gain of about 2200', it is just enough to get the blood moving and our hearts (and legs!) ready for winter hiking!
We'll be hiking approximately 5.2 miles ad up 2,150' of elevation.
There will be a Husky/Malamute/shepherd mix dog joining for the adventure who is super friendly and loves to meet new people! However, if you have an allergy or phobia to dogs then I would definitely recommend another of the numerous options this weekend.
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Jan. 9, 2019, noon
- Signups closed at
- Jan. 10, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
- When is the last time you did a hike of approximately 5 miles?
- Have you ever hiked in the winter before?
- Have you ever hiked a 4000 footer (or similar) before?
- What are you most excited to learn during the trip / Winter School?