Mt. Field and Mt. Avalon
- Chenyue Lu (A coB), Evan Williams (B coC), Max Olender (A coB)
- Trip level
- Trip date
- Saturday, January 12th, 2019
- Difficulty rating
- Previous hiking experience, not necessarily in the winter!
Join us for a classic hike in Crawford Notch that will hopefully take us to two peaks! Distance: 5.4 miles Elevation gain: 2375'
We will depart from the AMC Highland Center in Crawford Notch and take the Avalon Trail up towards Mt Field (4331'). On the way down we will tag Mt Avalon (3442') as well. There might be some sassy and friendly grey jays on both summits, as well as potential views of the Presidential Range.
Weather is predicted to be cold (high of 10*F) but sunny and low wind. A perfect day for a hike in the Whites!
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Jan. 9, 2019, noon
- Signups closed at
- Jan. 10, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
- Do you have any dietary restrictions or severe allergies?
- What traction are you comfortable with (microspikes/snowshoes/crampons)?
- What winter hikes have you done? How long were they?