Intervale Winter School Keyholder Training - 2
- Ben Kessel
- Trip date
- Saturday, January 12th, 2019
- Difficulty rating
- Read everything below
Why Get Trained?
Due to access and safety issues, we require every group going to Intervale to be lead by a Keyholder or Property User. After being closed for several months because of escalating access issues, Intervale is temporarily reopening for Winter School under a more restrictive set of rules. Under these rules, the only people who will be allowed to lead groups to Intervale are those who completed a Keyholder training on the new RoW after January 2018.
This training provides Winter School leaders with an opportunity to get Keyholder status for Winter School 2019 and Property User status after that.
We will be meeting at the Intervale parking area in Intervale, NH. Directions will be sent out on Friday. After the training participants are expected, but but required, to stay overnight in the cabin.
Saturday, January 12, 8pm, sharp. Please be on time, it won't be possible to catch up after the group has started walking up to the cabin. You should plan to arrive in North Conway before 7:30pm to make sure you'll be on time. (I suggest eating dinner in town.) The training itself will take about an hour.
- We have limited capacity, so please make sure that you'll be able to make it (arrange transportation, etc.) BEFORE signing up. DON'T FLAKE! Rides can be coordinated here
- Please read the Important Procedures as well as the Property Manual found at http://mitoc.mit.edu/#intervale before the training.
- This training is only for Winter School 2019 leaders who intend to use Intervale for Winter School trips.
- Bring everything you need to spend the night on the floor of a heated cabin and everything you need for your trip the next day.
New Intervale Rules
- The keyholder/property user must escort every guest on the RoW every time the RoW is used
- Only one car per keyholder/property user will be permitted, to ensure that everyone walks with the keyholder/property user.
- Capacity rule: There can be a maximum of twenty people (at most fifteen people in the cabin) and at most eight cars may be parked at the designated parking lot at Dundee Rd. No other vehicles are permitted on or near the MITOC property.
- One-to-four ratio of keyholders/property users to guests
- No vehicles may be operated on the right-of-way to the MITOC property. Use is reserved for cabin managers, as needed to maintain the property.
- A keyholder/property user must have been trained on the current RoW with current cabin managers after January 2018
- The reservation must be submitted by Thursday at 11:59pm before the weekend of use.
- Whenever traveling along the right-of-way to the MITOC property, please be respectful of all neighbors, keeping voices at appropriate levels, especially late at night and early in the morning.
- After the stay, the keyholder/property user must fill out Google form checkout procedure reporting all incidents, people who are there, any problems with the cabin, etc.
- Any complaints or confrontations with neighbors or visits by the police should be reported immediately to cabin manager.
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Jan. 5, 2019, 4:28 p.m.
- Signups closed at
- Jan. 11, 2019, 9 a.m.
- Have you been to Intervale before (when, how often)?
- What kind of trips to you plan to use Intervale for?