Mt. Cardigan Backcountry Ski Trip
- Avilash Cramer (CIS), Juliette Devillard (coB coS), Kelly McGuire (coB coS)
- Trip level
- Trip date
- Saturday, January 12th, 2019
- Difficulty rating
- Advanced skiers
- Advanced skier, high level of physical fitness for skinning uphill
Excited to go backcountry skiing? So are we!
Where: Mt Cardigan (conditions allowing) When: Saturday the 12th, meeting at Cardigan AMC lodge at 8:30 on Saturday morning.
Required Level: - Advanced skier - you must be experienced in skiing off-piste, in forests, on ice, on steep surfaces etc. The skiing will be difficult and you must feel comfortable with all of the above. - Physical fitness - skinning uphill is like hiking but more exhausting as you have skis attached to your feet! You need to be physically fit and ready to take on the challenge!
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Jan. 9, 2019, noon
- Signups closed at
- Jan. 10, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
- Can you ski black diamond/double black runs without a warmup?
- Do you need to rent a backcountry gear from MITOC? If so, AT, tele, or splitboard?
- Do you have a car?
- How many days have you skied in the last year