Climbing Self-Rescue TRS Wednesday
- Christie Ciarlo (Multi-pitch), David Johnson (Climbing Chair), Kyle Peet (Climbing Chair), Leigh Ann Kesler (Multi-pitch), Maia Bageant (Multi-pitch), Nathaniel Chu (Multi-pitch)
- Trip date
- Wednesday, April 26th, 2017
- Difficulty rating
- Have Taken Self-Rescue Prior
We will be leading a Technical Review Session (TRS) all about climbing self-rescue! This in-door course will focus on the ropes-skills which become the building blocks to executing a self-rescue.
Practice known rope-skills to be proficient and effectively able to practice true climber's self-rescue skills outside. Our goal is not to teach these skills from scratch. An outdoor portion to the trip will be posted as well.
Wednesday, April 26th at 19:00 in the MITOC Office W20-461
Please have taken a guided climbing self-rescue course or equivalent. MITOC offers a fully guided course to teach folks climbing self-rescue for the first time. This trip is intended to be a refresher for folks with some prior experience. We definitely expect people to be rusty on these skills but to have seen them before.
Suggested Gear (Notify me if you don't have these, I can supply them)
- Prusik Loop
- ATC Guide or equivalent
- 3 Locking Biners
- Flat Overhand Bend
- Munter Hitch Steps 1-6
- Mule Knot Steps 6-End
- Prusik and Friction Hitches (Scroll down for variations)
- 3-1 "z-drag" haul system
- Load Transfers
- Rappel Safety
Email me! :)
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- April 13, 2017, noon
- Signups closed at
- April 25, 2017, 5 p.m.
- When did you last take a self-rescue class?
- When did you last practice?
- What style of climbing if your favorite?
- Do you have the suggested gear?