Monday Night Fells Runs - Reservoir Trail 6:15PM
- Kathy Camenzind
- Trail running
- Trip date
- Monday, June 27th, 2022
- Difficulty rating
- Can road run 7-8 miles at an ~8:00/mile pace. No trail running experience required.
The Reservoir Trail in the Middlesex Fells is a moderate trail run at 6 miles and about 750 feet of vertical gain. We will meet at the South Dam Road Parking Lot at 6:15pm, and plan to start running 6:20pm.
These runs will occur every Monday through the spring and summer, and will be posted here weekly. They are for anyone who is new to trail running, is a frequent trail runner and would like to meet other trail runners, or is training for a race and looking to tack on more miles during the week. Please sign up when you are coming so we know whether to expect you!
The pace will be a moderate 10:00-10:30/mile. For those that are new to trail running, know that it tends to be significantly slower than road running. You can expect this run to feel like running 8 miles at a 8:00-8:30/mile pace on flat road.
Depending on the number of people who attend as well as interest, some nights we might split into a faster group and a slower group, but the standard run is described above.
There will be no fees associated with this trip.
We will not organize car rides among trip members, but if you have a car and are willing to drive people, please mention it in the notes (and rough pickup location). There is public transportation that takes you near the fells. You could also bike and/or run!
- Cell phone (highly recommended, especially if you haven't been to the Fells before); we try our best to stick together when running, but this is just in case you get lost
- Headlamp (optional)
- Please take a look at this map of the Fells before coming - the Reservoir Loop is the orange trail (and while running, the trail is identified by orange blazes on trees)
- The Fells can be pretty confusing to navigate, so if you are new PLEASE bring a phone
- Looking forward to meet you!!
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- May 31, 2022, 9:32 p.m.
- Signups closed at
- June 27, 2022, 9 p.m.
Please note here if you are offering rides, or looking for a ride!