Wildcat Ridge traverse
- Bjorn Poonen (B), Jason Jong (C)
- Yunting Fang
- Winter (outside IAP)
- Trip level
- Trip date
- Sunday, March 20th, 2022
- Difficulty rating
- Physical condition for a hike of this length, and winter hiking experience.
We’ll hike the Wildcat Ridge, including Wildcat peaks A, B, C, D (and optionally E), all above 4000’. Wildcat D has a great view of Mt. Washington, just 4 miles away, directly across Pinkham Notch!
Hike: 8.9 miles, 3650 ft. elevation gain: up Nineteen-Mile Brook Trail (scenic brookside trail), along Wildcat Ridge Trail, then down Polecat ski trail (with nearly constant views of Mt. Washington). Wildcat Ridge Trail has some steep sections that are likely icy, so we’ll be bringing crampons in addition to microspikes. Feel free to rent an ice axe for extra stability, but this is not required. https://caltopo.com/m/7BVDF
Our required pre-trip meeting will be Thursday at 7pm at the MIT Student Center, and you’ll be able to rent gear there.
We’ll leave Cambridge early Sunday morning and stop for a quick breakfast along the way.
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- March 15, 2022, 7:18 p.m.
- Signups closed at
- March 17, 2022, 10 a.m.
- Have you used crampons before? (if not, we can teach you)
- What is the longest hike you have done, in any season, during the past year?
- What winter hiking experience do you have?
- What kind of exercise do you do regularly?