Learning skate skiing
- Charlotte Rutherfurd (coA), Dorota Jarecka (A coB), Michelle O'Donnell (B coC coS)
- Caroline Szendey (she/her/hers)
- Winter (outside IAP)
- Cross-country skiing
- Trip level
- Trip date
- Tuesday, February 1st, 2022
- Difficulty rating
- comfortable with classic XC skiing
We're going to the Great Brook Ski Touring Center for a short session of night skate skiing by lantern light on the Lantern Loop. We welcome people who know how to ski (classic), but would like to learn a new technique - skate skiing!
We will offer a ~1.5h lesson at 5pm, but you are free to stay as long as you (and your driver) want, the center will be open till 9pm.
In order to start the lesson at 5pm, we should be there by 4:30 to rent the skis (MITOC does NOT have skate skis), so that means leaving at 3:30 from student center (if you're from the campus)
The daily trail pass costs $15 and the rentals will be $20.
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Jan. 31, 2022, 4:30 p.m.
- Signups closed at
- Jan. 31, 2022, 10 p.m.
- Any experience with skate skiing?
- Do you have your own skis?
- If you are a driver how many people you could take including yourself? (this is a relatively short drive, ~1h)