Tom, Avalon, and Field (No cat and mouse here!)
- Alejandro Diaz (B), Geneviève Norris-Roozmon (coB)
- Winter School
- Trip level
- Trip date
- Saturday, January 22nd, 2022
- Difficulty rating
- Prior winter hiking experience and experience on longer summer hikes (8+ hours and 6+ miles)
6.5 miles total and 2,795ft of elevation gain. We'll leave from the MIT Student Center at 6am and drive up to New Hampshire. We'll start at Crawford Station and go up to Avalon, then Mount Field and finally Mount Tom. The temperature during the day should be around 10-15 degrees Fahrenheit (-9C to -12C) with wind chill down to 3 degrees Fahrenheit (-16C), so pack those layers!
There will be a mandatory pre-trip meeting on Thursday (1/20) at 5:30PM, with the option to attend over Zoom.
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Jan. 19, 2022, 10:40 p.m.
- Signups closed at
- Jan. 20, 2022, 5 p.m.
- Please describe your prior winter hiking experience.
- What is a summer hike that you've enjoyed?
- Sweet or sour skittles?