Hangin' on Hancock!
- Ben Martell (A coB), Michelle O'Donnell (B coC coS), Stuart Russell (coB)
- Winter School
- Trip level
- Trip date
- Sunday, January 23rd, 2022
- Difficulty rating
- Some previous winter hiking experience.
We’ll be hiking up the Hancocks, both of which are 4000-footers! The hike will be a physically moderate/difficult trip with a gain of ~2600’ over 8.5 miles. The trail starts out fairly flat, but gets steep towards the end. Additionally, there will be a steep descent, providing a great opportunity to work on your traction skills.
Good physical fitness is necessary and previous Winter hiking experience is required. Prior experience layering on cold hikes is especially important.
The mandatory pre-trip meeting will take place in-person on Thursday after the lecture. We’ll go over all necessary gear and provide an opportunity for rentals.
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Jan. 19, 2022, noon
- Signups closed at
- Jan. 20, 2022, 11:59 p.m.
- What is your previous winter hiking experience?
- Describe honestly your physical fitness.
- Favorite restaurant in Boston.