Beginner/Intermediate Ice Climbing at the Frankenstein
- Carlos Sandoval Olascoaga (A coC I), Chelsey Graham (coA coI), Daniel S. DeLuca (B coI coS), David Johnson (CI)
- Winter School
- Ice climbing
- Trip level
- Trip date
- Sunday, January 23rd, 2022
- Difficulty rating
- Confident top-rope belayer. Have ice climbed before. Winter hiking experience
Beginner/Intermediate ice climbing for both those new to ice climbing and those who've ice climbed before.
Depending on the skill level of the participants we can go introduce intermediate skills like screw placement and multi-pitch ice climbing.
When and where
We will be heading to the Frankenstein at Crawford Notch, where we will be accessing beginner and intermediate terrain. If the area is too crowded, we can look for other options around Crawford Notch.
We will be meeting at the Frankenstein parking lot on Sunday morning.
Previous rock climbing experience is required. We are expecting You to be able to belay safely. You should have some winter experience
Trip members are expected to comply with MIT's covid vaccination policies.
If you are not willing to drive with other people in your car, please update your lottery preferences as "not driving".
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Jan. 19, 2022, noon
- Signups closed at
- Jan. 20, 2022, 11:59 p.m.
- Briefly describe your previous ice climbing / rock climbing experience
- Briefly describe your winter hiking experience
- What do you hope to practice on this trip?
- With which devices are you comfortable top-rope belaying?