Above treeline - French Fromage on Franconia
- Florian Pagnoux (C coS), Josh Bradshaw (B coC), Kelly Kochanski (B coC coS)
- Winter School
- Trip level
- Trip date
- Saturday, January 22nd, 2022
- Difficulty rating
- Previous winter hiking experience. Previous 3-season or winter hiking experience with similar or higher distance and elevation gain. Stoke!
The Franconia ridge is one of the most iconic hikes of the Whites, with amazing views on both sides, and 2 miles of really fun above treeline exposed terrain!
The hike is an 8 miles loop with about 4000ft in elevation gain. Full skin coverage is required for the above treeline section: goggles, balaclava, warm gloves, etc.
If weather and temperature allow, we'll take a break on the way down for a cheese degustation!
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Jan. 19, 2022, noon
- Signups closed at
- Jan. 20, 2022, 11:59 p.m.
- Tell us about your favorite winter hikes so far!
- What's a strenuous hike (winter or 3-season) than you especially enjoyed?
- Have you every hiked above treeline during winter in the NorthEast before?
- What's your favorite kind of cheese? Bonus point if it's French, or from any other country bordering the Alps. Cheddar is NOT a valid answer. Vegan alternatives accepted if they're cheesy enough.