Mount Major and Mount Straightback Loop
- Dorota Jarecka (A coB), Kesavan Yogeswaran (B coC)
- Winter School
- Trip level
- Trip date
- Sunday, January 16th, 2022
- Difficulty rating
- some hiking experience (preferably also in colder temperature)
Looking for a moderate hike this weekend? Have you ever been to the Lake Region? Come join us for a 6 miles hike on Sunday.
We will be doing Mount Major and Mount Straightback Loop that is 6miles and around 1500 ft of elevation gain. Mount Major and Straightback are not very high (around 1800 ft), but they have beautiful views!
The trail is not very technical, but we will have rocky parts. It's likely we will have some icy spots so we will bring microspikes with us.
There will be a mandatory pre-trip meeting before Thursday's Lecture in the MITOC office.
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Jan. 12, 2022, noon
- Signups closed at
- Jan. 13, 2022, 11:59 p.m.
- What's your recent hiking experience?
- What is you favorite park in/around Boston?