Beginner/Intermediate Ice Climbing and Experienced Winter Hiking
- Blox Bloxham (she/they) (CSI), Daniel S. DeLuca (B coI coS), Nick Lingler (CI)
- Winter School
- Ice climbing
- Trip level
- Trip date
- Sunday, January 16th, 2022
- Difficulty rating
- Confident top-rope belayer. Have ice climbed before. Capable winter hiker.
Beginner/Intermediate ice climbing for both those new to ice climbing and those who've ice climbed before. There is a potentially long approach hike so we ask that you be an experienced winter hiker.
When and Where
Ice climbing at a TBD location in Crawford Notch (possibly Avalon, Texaco, or Arethusa Falls). Will meet at ~8:30 at the TBD trailhead on Sunday.
Anyone with experience in winter hiking and a desire to try ice climbing or those that want to continue to build their ice climbing skills.
If you are not willing to drive with other people in your car, please update your lottery preferences as "not driving".
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Jan. 12, 2022, noon
- Signups closed at
- Jan. 13, 2022, 11:59 p.m.
- Briefly describe your previous ice climbing / rock climbing experience
- Briefly describe your winter hiking experience
- What do you hope to practice on this trip?
- With which devices are you comfortable top-rope belaying?