Try going above-treeline on Mt Baldface
- Florian Pagnoux (C coS), Kelly Kochanski (B coC coS), Mary Richardson (B coC), Nicolas Romeo (B coC coS)
- Winter School
- Trip level
- Trip date
- Sunday, January 16th, 2022
- Difficulty rating
- Fitness sufficient for a 9 mile hike with some challenging terrain; attendance of above-treeline lecture (or previous above-treeline experience)
We'll be heading up Mt Baldface, a loop trail in the eastern whites known for stunning views.
You can see the trip here: https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/new-hampshire/baldface-trail
This trip goes in and out of treeline, and is a good first above-treeline experience for strong hikers who want to gain experience in more challenging weather conditions. If we have time and energy, we'll practice self-arrests on the way down!
This weekend is likely to be especially cold, so please make absolutely sure you can bring the right clothing for freezing wind (including balaclava, goggles, warm and windproof gloves/mittens, warm pants, extra-warm sweaters/coats, and waterproof pants and coats).
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Jan. 12, 2022, noon
- Signups closed at
- Jan. 13, 2022, 11:59 p.m.
- Can you drive?
- Can you bring all of the above-treeline clothing listed above?
- Do you have previous above-treeline experience or attend the Tuesday lecture?
- What's your fitness and previous hiking experience?
- What makes you excited about this trip?