Leisure on Lonesome Lake!
- Dan Brooks (B coC S), Madeline Hickman (coC)
- Winter School
- Trip level
- Trip date
- Monday, January 17th, 2022
- Difficulty rating
- Beginner / Easy
- Have hiked before... at least once!
Come join us for a leisurely hike to Lonesome Lake! This hike will be a fun, chill intro to winter hiking and winter skills... while gorging ourselves on chocolate and baked goods!
The trail is around 3 miles round trip, with just over 1000' feet of elevation gain. This will leave us plenty of time to walk around the lake, make some hot cocoa and tea, and have a feast - bring your favorite baked good or dessert to share! There's also an AMC cabin at the lake, so we can take a leisurely break to warm-up halfway through the trip.
If folks are excited about practicing any winter skills, we should also have time to hang out and practice using a stove, melting water, self-arrest, layering, etc. Let us know what you're interested in practicing!
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Jan. 12, 2022, noon
- Signups closed at
- Jan. 13, 2022, 11:59 p.m.
- What is your hiking experience?
- Are there any skills you want to practice?
- Are you renting boots, or bringing your own? (if you are bringing your own, please bring/wear them to Thursday lecture)
- Is there any winter gear you're missing that you can't rent?