Lynn Woods local adventure
- Bjorn Poonen (B), Suzy McKinney (coC)
- Winter School
- Trip level
- Trip date
- Monday, January 17th, 2022
- Difficulty rating
We'll be heading to Lynn Woods, 30 mins from Boston, for a 4-5 mile hike with ~300 feet of elevation gain.
This is a beginner-friendly trip, and also a sleep-in friendly trip! We will be practicing using microspikes for traction.
This hike features a view of a Walden Pond, but not the one that inspired the book by American writer Henry David Thoreau!
Current weather forecast is for a slight chance of snow, with a low of 18F (-7C) and a high of 34F (1C).
Please edit the "Lottery preferences" in the menu at upper right to show whether you have a car or are willing to drive a rental car, and how many passengers you could take!
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Jan. 12, 2022, noon
- Signups closed at
- Jan. 13, 2022, 11:59 p.m.
- What is the coldest hike you have been on?
- What is your favorite (cold-weather) hiking snack?
- How interested are you in discussing the Cliff Notes version of the Thoreau book while hiking, https://www.cliffsnotes.com/literature/t/thoreau-emerson-and-transcendentalism/thoreaus-walden/summary-and-analysis?