Women & Enbies On Ice! [Rescheduled.]
- Asha Park-Carter (B coC coI), Blox Bloxham (she/they) (CSI)
- Winter School
- Ice climbing
- Trip level
- Trip date
- Sunday, January 23rd, 2022
- Difficulty rating
- Beginner Friendly to those w/ Belay Experience
- Know how to Top Rope Belay on an ATC or Smart Belay Device
Rescheduled for Sunday after postponing last weekend.
Join us for a good intro-level ice climbing trip at Champney Falls!
This trip is open to women, non-binary and other trans people, and anyone who feels their gender/sex, expression of gender/sex (or lack thereof!) is under represented in the outdoors.
- Experience top rope belaying on an ATC or Smart Belay devices (not just a Gri Gri).
- Winter hiking experience
- Prior ice and rock experience is not required, but encouraged.
When & Where
Monday, January 17. Exact meetup time is TBD, but likely ~9am. Exact location is TBD but it will be a beginner friendly ice area in the White Mountains of NH.
Cold Weather Preparation
Please be prepared for the cold. Ice climbing involves less hiking, and so heavier and more layers are often required to stay warm.
If you are not willing to drive with other people in your car, please update your lottery preferences as "not driving."
Please be prepared to attend our Pre-Trip Meeting on Thursday, 6-7pm at the MITOC office in person. If you cannot attend this meeting it is likely you will not be able to attend the trip.
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Jan. 12, 2022, noon
- Signups closed at
- Jan. 13, 2022, 11:59 p.m.
1) Briefly describe your previous ice climbing / rock climbing experience 2) Approximately how many top rope belays have you given in the past 6 months? With which devices? 3) Briefly describe your winter hiking experience 4) Are you planning on driving for this trip? 5) If yes to the above, are you willing to drive other participants? (If no to this, update your profile to remove yourself as a driver)