Half-day hike at Mount Holyoke
- Kelsey M Smith (a coB), Tian Ong (B)
- Winter School
- Trip level
- Trip date
- Sunday, January 9th, 2022
- Difficulty rating
- Attendance at mandatory lectures
Did you know that there are scenic mountaintop views in Massachusetts? Come join us as we hike up Mount Norwottuck in Mount Holyoke Range near Amherst, only 1.5 hours away.
Our route is 3.4 miles with 630 feet of gain and takes us past multiple viewpoints and past some cool caves. There are a few short scramble sections (check out the pictures of the caves), but the trail is otherwise relaxing and should be accessible to most ability levels.
There will be less snow and ice than we'd find in NH, but this will be a good short hike in chilly temps to test out new gear and practice layering and triangle of happiness skills. Perfect if you're feeling a bit nervous about winter hiking!
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Jan. 5, 2022, 7:42 p.m.
- Signups closed at
- Jan. 6, 2022, 11:59 p.m.
- What is your experience with outdoor winter activities? List sports and experience.
- What is your hiking experience?
- How do you feel about my friendly and adventurous husky/retriever mix joining the trip?