- Evan Williams (C coS), Sophie Giguere (coB)
- Winter School
- Trip level
- Trip date
- Sunday, January 9th, 2022
- Difficulty rating
- Physical fitness to feel comfortable with a steep hike between 6 and 7 miles, enjoyment of views, birds, and cold weather!
We will visit two of the NH 48 4000 footers and one smaller but lovely mountain-- Tom, Field, and Avalon! This lollipop loop hike will be about 6.5 miles long with 2,800 ft of elevation gain. Parts of the trail are quite steep, but it is typically a well-travelled and approachable route with great views and the potential for fun butt-sliding all the way down. We will most likely see some cute and friendly gray jays at the summits!
The forecast may change as we get closer to the weekend, but current predicted temperatures from Mountain Forecast are in the high 20F range, with wind chill making it feel about 16F. This will be a great chance to practice our layering systems for the rest of the winter!
Please note that we may need to rent cars depending on number of drivers and their comfort carpooling
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Jan. 5, 2022, noon
- Signups closed at
- Jan. 6, 2022, 11:59 p.m.
- What type of winter traction have you used before? (microspikes/snowshoes/crampons)
- If you have done any previous winter hikes, name your favorite!
- What is your favorite hiking snack?