Be less lonesome at Lonesome Lake!
- Caitlin Mehl (coB), Conner Kummerlowe (B coS), Shayna Milstein (A coB)
- Winter School
- Trip level
- Trip date
- Sunday, January 9th, 2022
- Difficulty rating
Covid isolation got you feeling lonesome? Us too!
Come be less lonesome with us at Lonesome Lake! We will take the Cascade Brook Trail (5mi out-and-back, 1,250k ft elevation gain), which follows a gorgeous river, all the way up to the lake. There will be 2-3 river crossings along the way, which involves hopping on rocks to cross. At the lake we can visit the AMC hut to take a break and drink hot chocolate (great opportunity to practice boiling water on the MSR Whisperlite winter stoves)! Then we will take the same trail back down.
There is a chance of snow on Sunday -- but it should still be fun! The trail has historically been quite icy and we will be wearing, teaching, and practicing good microspikes skills. No pre-reqs except physical fitness / ability to hike 5 miles, and a sufficient amount of stoke!!
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Jan. 5, 2022, noon
- Signups closed at
- Jan. 6, 2022, 11:59 p.m.
- Are you comfortable hiking 5-miles roundtrip with river-crossings?
- How much do you love lakes?
- How much do you love huts?
- What is the best cure for covid-lonesomeness?