Finding Freedom on Mount Liberty
- Misha Badov (coB), Osman Ahsen (C)
- Winter School
- Trip level
- Trip date
- Saturday, January 8th, 2022
- Difficulty rating
- Previous winter hiking experience and moderate fitness
Please join us as we explore potentially two of the beautiful peaks of the Pemigewasset Wilderness. Our plan is to start from the Flume Visitor Center parking lot, then hike the Liberty Spring Trail to reach Mt. Liberty (4459'). After enjoying the panoramic views on Mt. Liberty, we will continue to Mt. Flume (4328') if time permits. A winter school classic!
Distance is 8.6 miles (round-trip) for Mt. Liberty or 10.6 miles if we hit Mt. Flume, with an elevation gain of ~3,000'. Here's the route. This will be a strenuous hike due to mileage and elevation gain, hence you are strongly recommended to have previous winter hike experience and be in reasonably good shape.
The weather forecast currently shows blue skies, fresh snow from the day before, moderate wind, and cold. You'll need warm layers, microspikes, and potentially snowshoes. Keep an eye out for the final list before the lecture on Thursday.
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Jan. 5, 2022, noon
- Signups closed at
- Jan. 6, 2022, 11:59 p.m.
- What is your experience with outdoor winter activities? List any sport and experience level.
- What is your carpooling situation and comfort level? (# of passengers, testing, do you have a car, etc.)