Mt Hale and Zealand Mountain
- Arsen Vasilyan (Co-Leader), Bjorn Poonen (Leader)
- Lawrence Wong
- 3-season hiking
- Trip date
- Sunday, September 26th, 2021
- Difficulty rating
The most ambitious route would be to climb two 4000-footers, Mt. Hale and Zealand Mtn., via Hale Brook Trail, Lend-a-Hand Trail, Twinway, and Zealand Trail back down. The shorter options would be Mt. Hale only or Zealand Mtn. only, which we might choose in advance depending on participant preferences, or choose during the hike depending on weather conditions, etc. It is possible that it will be raining Sunday.
Hale + Zealand: 13.4 miles, 4150 ft. gain (would require leaving MIT at 5am)
Mt. Hale loop: 7.6 miles, 2350 ft. gain
Zealand Mtn. out-and-back: 11.2 miles, 2350 ft. gain
Because we would be sharing cars, proof of full vaccination against covid is required of all participants not currently at a university requiring vaccination (possibly with limited exceptions), and while in cars we would have windows down and wear masks.
There will be a required pre-hike meeting via Zoom on Thursday, September 23 at 8:00pm.
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Sept. 21, 2021, 8:15 p.m.
- Signups closed at
- Sept. 22, 2021, 10 p.m.
- Which of the three hikes do you prefer?
- What prior hiking experience do you have, briefly?
- What kind of exercise do you get regularly?
- Are you fully vaccinated against covid?
- Do you have a car, or are you willing to rent a car (cost shared by all)?