TRS: using and repairing ski touring bindings
- Avilash Cramer, James Turitto, Lulu Russell
- Backcountry skiing
- Trip date
- Tuesday, December 10th, 2019
- Difficulty rating
- snowboarder jokes
Learn to set up, adjust, and repair backcountry ski bindings! Get your systems dialed as winter arrives in earnest. 7pm in the MITOC office.
We will review:
- the 4 types of touring systems (tech bindings, frame bindings, teles, splitboards)
- ski, DIN, and boot sizing
- common failure modes and solutions
- transitioning efficiently
- Basic safety stuff
The TRS is open to anyone but we would really like the new winter school ski leaders to attend. We'll also discuss some stuff specific to leading WS ski trips if we have time.
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Dec. 5, 2019, 9:45 a.m.
- Signups closed at
- Dec. 10, 2019, noon
- Have you used a touring binding before?
- What type (make and model if you remember)?