Ladies* ice climbing for MITOC leaders
- Ana Beglova (B coC I), Susan Ruff (CI)
- Dave Custer
- Winter (outside IAP)
- Ice climbing
- Trip level
- BI (or perhaps AI depending on conditions and participant interests)
- Trip date
- Sunday, December 15th, 2019
- Difficulty rating
- depends on participants
- see description
Prerequisites: women* (*see description for non-binary definition) with solid personal-management skills while winter hiking with a heavy pack on rough white-mountain trails or bushwhacking (e.g. winter school B rating) and solid rope management skills (e.g. rock rating S T or TR). Depending on conditions, some prior ice experience may be required as well. If you have the skills but not the mentioned ratings, email us.
Location: Due to poor weather conditions we are going to go to the Middlesex Fells and do some dry tooling and anchor building practice.
*Here's a non-gender-binary attempt that will almost certainly evolve: This trip is for you if one or more of the following applies: 1) You are more female than male. 2) Physical or cultural aspects of being (or being perceived as) female have affected your ice climbing, or vice versa (e.g., cold can worsen cramps). If, based on the above, you think that I probably intend to include you in this trip but I'm not currently succeeding, please feel free to e-mail me to suggest better wording.
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Nov. 26, 2019, 9:53 p.m.
- Signups closed at
- Dec. 11, 2019, noon
- What interests you most? (following/toproping? mock leading on toprope? leading? mixed? multipitch? how hard?) I’ll do my best to tailor trips to participants’ interests, conditions permitting.
- Briefly, what ice experience do you have so far?
- Are you a desk worker? (Can you provide office/gear access?)
- Can you provide dry rope, draws, ice screws, car?