- Melissa Bailey (A coB), Richard Cammett (B coC)
- Trip level
- Trip date
- Sunday, January 13th, 2019
- Difficulty rating
We'll be heading to the beach! Bring your beach games and cold weather gear. It can be very windy -- a great chance to practice layering for above-treeline hikes, and to discover which hiking foods won't freeze.
Crane Beach is in Ipswich, Mass. (about an hour's drive to the North). Trails run through the sand dunes and along the Atlantic Ocean. Bring your binoculars if you like to look at birds.
We'll leave MIT at 9:30 a.m., hike for a few hours (3-5 miles), and return in the early afternoon. Note: there's a $10-per-car parking fee at the beach, which we'll all chip in for.
- first-come, first-serve
- Maximum participants
- Signups opened at
- Jan. 9, 2019, noon
- Signups closed at
- Jan. 10, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
- Any dietary restrictions?
- What's your favorite beach game, and are you bringing it?
- How much winter hiking have you done before?